In case you couldn't tell, I am very excited to be nominated by the lovely Liz behind NotTooPolished for a Liebster award! For those of you who don't know, a liebster award is for bloggers who have less than 200 followers, so for me at four I think I more than qualify! :)
The rules:1. State 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you (and link back to them!)
3. Tag 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers, and ask the, 11 questions. Be sure to let them know you nominated them!
11 Random Facts about Me!
1. I got started in nail blogging after one of my first nail art contests. I took a picture of my nails, and was like "I want other people to see this." And so Go Polish Yourself was born.
2. My favorite color is blue, and has been that way since I was very little.
3. I am a college student, and this blog post is my break from studying for finals.
4. I love the Office, Parks and Recreation, and Leverage.
5. I have a just over a year old puppy. She is adorable!!
6. Ironically, I am not a big fan of lists. :P
7. My favorite season is winter.
8. I was born in England, although I lost my accent.
9. I hate feet! (yuck!)
10. Christmas is my favorite holiday, because everyone just seems to be nicer during the season of giving. People are more willing to give rather than to recieve.
11. One thing that bothers me is the smell of strong cinnamon.
11 Questions from Liz
1. Where do you blog from (bedroom, office, kitchen,) and why that spot?
I actually blog from the kitchen table. The reason being is that I would blog from my bedroom, but I don't get the internet up there. Plus it means that I can be part of the family time while I am blogging too.
2. What was "THE" polish, the one that kicked off your obsession?
That actually is a tricky one, as I have loved nail polishes for a long time. As silly as it sounds with all of the amazing choices out there, I would have to say Savage by Sinful Colors. Since it is a matte color, I was trying to find a top coat to put on it, and ended up finding Indie nail companies, and well, the rest is history.
3. Describe my all time favorite meal.
I think my all time favorite meal has to beef stroganoff. My mom makes it every year on my birthday, and it's made from noodles, sour cream, flour, beef stock, cubes of beef and mushrooms. It is so good, and I swear I could eat that for every meal.
4. There are so many holidays this month- what do you celebrate, and how?
I celebrate Christmas by decorating both sides of my house with lights and garlands, oh and by baking lots of cookies!
5. Tell me about your pets? Or what you would like to have, if you don't have any?I have one dog. She is part retriever, part labrador. She is 100% adorable. :)
6. Favorite type of polish?
I have to say probably NotTooPolished. All of her polishes are wayyyy gorgeous!
7. What one brand polish do you own the most of? How many?
The one brand of polish that I own the most of would have to be Sinful Colors. I think I have over 30 of them, plus they are a good go to brand on a budget.
8. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I actually am an early bird. It's a learned trait, because I have to get the dog up and take her out in the mornings.
9. What is your biggest polish "lemming"- or as I prefer to call it, your biggest polish crush?
I would love love love to have either Dollish Polish's It's Me a Mario or Girly Bits' Daddy's Little Girl. I am head over heels for them.
10. Do you have IRL friends that share your polish addiction?
I don't think so. However, throughout blogging I have made some friends who share it. :)
11. Share a photo of your favorite mani ever!
And finally my nominees are:
1. Burgers and Nails
2. Rad Nails
3. Nails Y'all
4. Miss Pop Nails
5. Nancy Mc Nails
6. Dressed Up Nails
7. Chalkboard Nails
8. Blood Rose Nails
9. Nail It!
10. Cool Polish, Bro
11. Kat Stays Polished
and here are their questions:
1. Favorite dessert and why?
2. If you could go to any point in time, what time would it be?
3. How many polishes are in your stash?
4. Favorite all time polish?
5. What is your go to color for nails?
6. If you could meet your favorite celebrity, who would you be meeting?
7. Do you bake or cook?
8. Favorite place you have ever been on vacation?
9. Name one of the blogs or nail art sites that you aspire to be like.
10. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what three colors would you bring?
11. Favorite nail polish brand?
Thanks once again to the wonderful Liz for nominating me! :)
Until next time,