Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mani based on L.A. Noire in film noir style

I was playing a new xbox game called L.A. Noire. It's a detective game based on 1950's America, and you play a detective. While I was playing, I realized how much I love that era of history, how the people act and talk. This is why this mani is based off of that time period.

I used Sinful Colors Black on Black and Tokyo Pearl as well as  Wet n Wild's French White Creme
I'm not the best at nail art, so please forgive me. I'm still learning :)
My thumb is a martini glass, because if you ever see that era of movies, people are always drinking martinis and smoking.
My index finger is a lamppost. One of the most iconic images of film noir is a woman standing by a lamp post.
My middle finger is the word "noir" written in black and white.
My index finger is a hat. My attempt at the large brimmed hats that they wore in that time.
Finally, my pinkie finger is a gun. You can't have a detective story without a gun.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed my nail art!

Until next time,
Peace,
Rikya

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I wasn't sure if it was going to turn out so well, but it looks okay for my work! :)

      Delete