Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2013

Stained Glass Nails

This is something I based on a piece of stained glass that I have always loved, except I played around with the color scheme a little bit. I am going to attempt to show how I did it as well, so bear with me! :)

Here are the tools I used to create my look, although yours could vary by color or brand.


Step One: Find something plastic, preferably smooth like a plastic sandwich bag. I used a plastic bag for beads, but anything plastic and smooth will do.

Step Two: Apply clear nail polish in a single rectangular shaped layer to the bag. Let it dry fully before proceeding to step three.

Step Three: Do whatever you want design wise. The clear polish will be easy to decorate and will peel off once you are done with it. Here are a couple of photos to give you ideas and to give you a sort of timeline. I used a Sharpie for the outlines and colored in the gaps with different colors of Sinful Colors Nail Polish.

Step Four: Wait until the whole design is completely dry. Peel the design off of the bag, and either place it on the nail directly then cut it, or cut it after it is placed on the nail.

Step Five: Apply a clear top coat onto your nails. And you're finished! :)

Here's my finished product on the right. Isn't it gorgeous? I think it turned out pretty well!

Tell me what you think in the comments. All of your comments are greatly appreciated! :)

Hope you liked this post!

Until next time,
Peace,
Rikya

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Like seriously I never thought of doing it that way.. Awesome idea and I love the colors you used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I will have to try sometime. Also, I love sinful colors! :)

    ReplyDelete